Halloween is just around the corner and if you own a truck or a Jeep you may just want to change-up how you do things this year. Forget trying to find a costume for that Halloween party, or dressing up for the office thing – thats so last year. No, no, this year you need to dress up your ride. It shows a) you are committed to the Halloween spirit and b) your proud of your vehicle. To help you get started here are 10 cool Halloween ideas for your truck or Jeep. And if you have done this before or planning on doing it this year share your ideas and photos, we’d love to see what else is possible.
Let’s be honest. The customer service team at Timbren gets calls from customers all the time who think the load they’re hauling requires a “severe service” kit. Somehow they think ‘more’ is better. The truth about “severe service” is… not everyone needs it! You may ask, “What’s so special about a severe service kit?” Good question. The secret of a severe service kit is found in the style of the hollow rubber spring. Most rubber springs used on pick-up trucks are double-convoluted, providing a perfect blend of capacity and ride quality. But the rubber springs used for “severe service” are single-convoluted. Unless you’re hauling a slide-in camper or using a salt spreader, you do not need a severe service kit. Why? Compared to the double-convoluted style, single-convoluted springs are shorter and wider, designed to resist weight more aggressively. The result is reduced ride quality in exchange for more stability.
So, here’s the truth of the matter:“More” is not always better! Using a severe service kit when one is not required will compromise your ride. Be sure to choose the appropriate Suspension Enhancement System kit in order to maximize stability and ride quality.
“I was going to install an air ride system on my pick-up, until I found your product online. Should I go with your product or stay with air ride?” Fair enough. Here’s how air ride compares with Aeon® hollow rubber springs found inside our Suspension Enhancement Systems.
1. Ride qualityAir ride has one thing in its favor – its name. When you hear “air,” what do you think? Images of fluffy clouds and floating balloons, right? Now picture this: A football pumped up full of air. Not very soft, is it? That’s what an air bag is like when inflated to its capacity. The more air that is compressed into the bag, the harder the ride. So much for ride quality! On the other hand, Aeon® hollow rubber springs are designed to deliver great ride quality no matter how much load is on the vehicle.
2. StabilityIf your pick-up truck has a slide-in camper in the bed, you will most likely experience 2 things: Roll and sway. An air ride system is unable to resolve this issue. Even though the control valves on an air ride system are meant to correct problems with lean, they can’t keep up with the constant shift in weight. Consequently, the camper will continue to roll and sway. On the other hand, Aeon® hollow rubber springs are designed to add stability by reducing roll and sway immediately.
3. ReliabilityTry to imagine an air bag – a thin membrane of rubber – pummeled by a fully loaded pick-up truck. Just like a balloon, when squeezed a little too hard, it bursts. That’s why, in three or four years, it’s quite possible that the air bags will start to leak. On the other hand, Aeon® hollow rubber springs are designed to endure the harsh pounding of a heavy load on a rough road. In fact, we offer a life time warranty with every Suspension Enhancement System kit – something you will never find from any air bag manufacturer.
4. Ease of installationAir ride systems have lots of components. It’s a complicated system! After installing all the pipes, hoses and compressor, you’ve spent a lot of time and money. On the other hand, most SES kits take only a few minutes to install. [Fact: The installed price of a Timbren SES kit is about ½ the cost of the average air ride system.]
5. Ease of useAn air ride system requires that you monitor its use constantly – adjusting the air pressure to match the load, and checking for leaks. On the other hand, there are no pipes, hoses, compressors or air bags to babysit. After installation, the Timbren SES requires no maintenance whatsoever.
conclusionIf you’re sick of difficult installations, poor ride quality and constant maintenance then you may want to consider a different product. Check out our extensive line of Timbren Suspension Enhancement System kits for your vehicle. Have you used a Timbren Suspension Enhancement System kit? Or have you used air bags? What has your experience been? Share this post around with your friends to save them the headache of air bags.
A First Look at The New StylingIt hasn’t changed much in nearly 10 years, but the 2015 Chevrolet Colorado is going to see an entirely new look. In the beginning it was going to be a global Colorado, but engineers have made so many changes that it is being called a Chevrolet Silverado with global Colorado packaging. Initially buyers of the new truck will have 2 engine options – a 2.5L 193-hp or a 2.8L 197-hp. But whats even more exciting is the introduction of a 2.8L Duramax I-4 in the following 2016 model year. So far GM hasn’t released any information on the 2015 Chevrolet Colorado’s payload capacity. However, they are claiming it will have the best horsepower, payload, and towing capacity of any midsize truck in its class – a big statement for a truck that has changed very little since 2004. Because this is the first look we have had for the all new Colorado, we don’t have a suspension upgrade kit available. But as soon as GM lets us get our hands on one we will let you all know. Find out more about the all New 2015 Chevrolet Colorado here.
December 12-14 marks the 2013 PRI show in Indianapolis, IN. Are you going to be there? We’d love you to stop by the booth (#7138) and say hi. We have some cool stuff to show you racing guys, so be sure to visit. Need a map of the show floor? Find it here
Come visit us in Las Vegas, Nevada for the 2013 SEMA Show. Booth #33027 in the Upper South Hall. Enjoy the show!
And this, ladies & gentlemen, is how to sell a car. Yup, thats good stuff.
Exceptional customer service is a key hallmark of a first class company and we believe that our team of customer service professionals ranks among the very best. As a company we depend on them to treat each customer the way that they would like to be treated just as you depend on them for accurate information and friendly and prompt service. Since this is Customer Service Week we will highlight one of them each day so that you may learn a little more about them. Please take the time to congratulate them if you have the opportunity. Neil Hodgson President